Monday, April 25, 2016

Birthday surprise!



We've talked about getting a small tractor ever since we bought our property, but the timing was never quite right (a very expensive septic system, kid, barn, more cows, irrigation system...).  We are fortunate to live close to family who let have let us borrow tractors, fertilizer spreaders, etc.  Though we've also put a lot of sweat equity into our little farm.  Saturday my husband and mother-in-law surprised me by putting a down payment on a new tractor for my birthday present.  They went and picked it up tonight!  



I'm so excited to try it out!!!. We just cleaned the cow barn and tilled the garden, but I'm sure I can find something to use it for, it is time for new barkdust around the place.  I'm sure a post digger will be the next attachment... no more digging fence posts in by hand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment